NetHope Academy Internship Program Rwanda
NetHope Academy Rwanda provides training, support, and professional development to computer science (or related field) graduates and near graduates through a six-month IT internship based in the capital of Kigali. APPLY NOW!
The objective of NetHope Academy is to advance the formal education of underemployed graduates through training in technical skills and advanced IT courses. Upon graduating from the Academy, interns will have gained invaluable technology expertise making them highly competitive candidates for jobs in the IT sector. Through the missions of the Rwanda Development Board, NetHope Field Capacity Building program, Clinton Global Initiative, and Rwanda Vision 2020, NetHope Academy Rwanda launched in March 2012.
NetHope Academy Rwanda is structured in two modules. First, interns complete a two-week intensive IT training course where they develop IT skills that are market-relevant, practical and transferable. Coursework is augmented with the opportunity to earn first-class IT certification, such as Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) and Cisco Networking Fundamentals certifications.
Following training, candidates are placed in a four to six month long internship where technical knowledge develops into practical experience and expertise. Interns also develop other skills necessary to workplace excellence such as customer care services, communication, and complex problem solving and decision-making. These skills gained over the course of the NetHope Academy build proficiency, increase employability, and create a positive impact on the national economy.
What NetHope Academy Rwanda Interns are saying:
“While my degree program was mostly theory and few labs, the NetHope program is just the opposite. It really prepares you for a career in IT. Based on what we’ve learned the past few weeks, if we were offered jobs today, we’d be ready!”
“What NetHope is doing is important to Rwanda and to me. For me, it’s an amazing opportunity to get a job, and for Rwanda, we’re building capacity in IT.”
“I learned a lot in Boot Camp and it has made a difference for me at my internship. One thing that Peter taught us is how to work through problems and contribute to solutions. This is something we never learned in school.”
“This program is good for our country and for me in general because it’s helping me get my first IT job.”
NetHope Academy Rwanda is accepting applications for its upcoming class.
Successful candidates will have:
- A strong and demonstrated passion for technology and desire to pursue a career in IT.
- University or College degree or diploma in an IT related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management of Information Systems, Telecoms preferred but not required.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English. All IT training will be given in English.
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Ability to commit to 40 hours/week of work at host organization and 8 hours/week of study for 6 months.
- Able to attend two-week mandatory training session prior to the internship program.
- Preference given to women and those coming from severely disadvantaged backgrounds and rural areas.
To learn more about the general program visit the IT Internship Program page.
Supporters of NetHope Academy Rwanda