NetHope Academy Internship Program Liberia
NetHope Academy is pleased to announce the launch of NetHope Academy Intern Program in Liberia in May 2015! We are working with our local implementing partner, Starz College of Science and Technology to deliver practical IT training and soft skills to motivated, tech savvy youth in Liberia. Program participants receive classroom training, online training, and practical experience through on the job learning in 4-6 month internship assignments.
Please keep the following key dates in mind. All participants must be available to attend the events on these days. Be sure to check your email regularly during this time for updates from the Liberian Program Manager as all detailed information and logistics will be shared that way.
Liberia Program Applications Accepted: May 18 – June 19
Candidates notified by email if they will be invited to in-person interviews: On or before June 26
In Person Interviews: July 3 – 4
Candidates notified by email if they will be invited to join the program: On or before July 6
Mandatory Program Orientation: July 8 – 9
Boot Camp Training: July 13 – 31
Internship: Placements begin in August 2015 and will last 4 – 6 months. Intern must be able to work 40 hours/week.
- A strong and demonstrated passion for technology and desire to pursue a career in IT.
- University or College degree or diploma or some tertiary education with emphasis on IT education in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management of Information Systems, Telecoms preferred but not required.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English. All IT training will be given in English.
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Ability to commit to 40 hours/week of work at host organization PLUS 8 hours/week of study for 6 months.
- Able to attend a Three-week training session on the date provided for your location.
- Preference given to women and those coming from severely disadvantaged backgrounds and rural areas.