NetHope Academy Internship Program expands in the Caribbean and to Africa
The goal of the NetHope Academy Internship Program is to help tech savvy, unemployed youth find work in the ICT sector by providing practical work experience, training (technical and soft skills), and mentoring needed to be successful. The target audience is recent graduates, those who are about to graduate from university/college in an ICT related field, and those who have demonstrated a strong passion for technology. Based on successes in Haiti, we have expanded the program across Africa.
Now accepting applications until January 17, 2014 for the March 2014 program. Candidates must be available for a mandatory 2 week training session occurring in March 2014. Interested applicants click here.
Please watch our website for updates on the next intake as information will be posted here when it becomes available.
NetHope accepts online applications year-round for all of our programs. If program timeline is not listed below for your country, feel free to submit an application anyway and when we start a new class in your location, your application will be considered.
Successful candidates will have:
- A strong and demonstrated passion for technology and desire to pursue a career in IT.
- University or College degree or diploma in an IT related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management of Information Systems, Telecoms preferred but not required.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English. All IT training will be given in English.
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Ability to commit to 40 hours/week of work at host organization PLUS 8 hours/week of study for 6 months.
- Able to attend a two-week training session on the dates provided for your location.
- Preference given to women and those coming from severely disadvantaged backgrounds and rural areas.