NetHope Skills Assessments
NetHope Academy provides a set of skills assessments to help IT professionals identify their training needs. A few scenarios in which skills assessments are particularly helpful:
- You just transferred into a new role and want to validate that you are up to speed on the technologies relevant for this role.
- Your organization is upgrading to Windows 7. Are you ready for the migration and work with the new operating system?
- The latest computer deployment you are managing requires connectivity via satellite. Do you know enough about VSAT to select the right implementing partner and manage the outsourced project?
NetHope skills Assessments are provided at no cost to NetHope members.
Job role assessments
- Desktop Support Technician (JR477)
- Network Support Specialist (JR410)
- Network Administrator (JR400)
- IT Manager (JR392)
- Telecommunications Specialist (JR427)
Assessments for role specific knowledge areas
In addition assessments for specific knowledge areas are available
- Desktop Support – Knowledge Areas: Assessments around supporting users and troubleshooting Windows XP and/or Windows 7.
All assessments for Desktop Support >>
- Network Administration: Assessments on Windows Server 2008, Cisco Networking technology etc.
All assessments for Network Administration >>
- IT Project Management:
All assessments for IT Managers >>
- Telecommunications: Not yet available
Are you certifiable?
Test your skills in a fun interactive way with the Microsoft skills assessments online game “Are You Certifiable?” www.areyoucertifiable.com
Choose an Avatar, select the area of interest and play the game to see how your skills stack up against other IT Professionals. Questions range from easy to difficult and are grouped in five tracks: Windows 7, IT Fundamentals, IT Professional, Dev Fundamentals and Developer. The Windows 7 track includes 160 questions about Windows 7 and the IT Professionals track includes hundreds of questions to test your skills and knowledge. The answers are helpful to deepen your understanding of a topic.
When logged in as a guest you can play one episode. Log in with your Windows Live ID and play every episode and track your results. At the end of each episode you receive feedback on how well you seem prepared for a certification.
Are you certifiable? >>
Requirements: You need to have Microsoft Silverlight installed to play the game. A broadband connection makes the game more enjoyable.
Cisco Skills Assessments
Learning@Cisco assessments are open to everybody. The only requirement is to register for a free Cisco account. Once registered for a Cisco account, you can access Cisco self assessments, study guides and other resources in the Cisco Learning Center.